Can I let you in on a little secret? Wedding photography is not one-size-fits-all. Photographers shoot in different styles, and couples prefer different types of photos. While its certainly important to take professionalism and expertise into consideration when selecting your wedding photographer, I encourage you to dig a little deeper to ensure a perfect match. So, I’m suggesting a few questions to ask your wedding photographer before you book.
Why So Many Wedding Photography Styles?
There are many equally talented and experienced wedding photographers, yet their photography styles vary. Just as you might prefer contemporary artwork to classical paintings or one film genre over another, you will naturally lean toward some wedding photographers’ work than others. In addition, it’s important to make sure you fit well together—both in personality and in photography style—to get the most out of your wedding or elopement package. (i.e., if your personalities mesh and you love their style, you’re more likely to love the photos you receive.)
Don’t forget to ask these crucial questions when meeting with photographers (in person or virtual).
13 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Photographer
- How would you describe your photography style?
- What is your photographer personality—directive and involved or behind-the-scenes photojournalist?
- Is my date available?
- Do you have a contingency plan for something like, let’s say, a global pandemic or unexpected cancelled flights?
- Do you travel, and what are the fees associated with that?
- Do you prefer candid shots, traditional wedding photography, or balance of both?
- What are your packages and pricing?
- How many hours are included in your packages?
- What is the turnaround time to receive our photos?
- Do you offer videography services as well?
- Do you offer venue or location guidance?
- Do you offer prints, albums, wall art, or other products?
- What is the number one reason most couples choose you as their wedding or elopement photographer?
Meet the Team at Mariah Treiber Photography
Want my answers to the questions? I’d love to chat with you! While I do have a distinctive photography style, I also offer a tailored approach for your unique wedding or elopement.
Capture Every Moment with Mariah
As a traveling wedding and elopement photographer, I enjoy meeting new people, seeing new places, and capturing your big day through photos you fall in love with. For me, flexibility is a must, and I’m up for whatever wild ride you have in mind. Are we headed to the mountains, the coast, or the city? You tell me! (Be sure to check out my travel dates at the bottom of my Homepage for availability.) You can also view recent work on the Blog.